Instructions For Referees
The AESS Journal on International Journal of Asian Social Science (IJASS) depends heavily on our referees, and we are greatly indebted for maintaining the quality and timeliness of our journal. Thank you for your help in assessing manuscripts.
The manuscript submission and peer review process is broken down into the following steps:
- The Author submits a manuscript.
- The Editor-in-Chief assigns an Associate Editor to act as Review Editor for the paper.
- The Associate Editor assigns Referees.
- The Referees reviewed the manuscript and send reports.
- The Associate Editor makes a decision and the author is contacted.
All IJASS papers go through review in the web-based Journal Submission & Tracking System; http://trackyoursubmissions.com/index.php/63. When invited to serve as a referee there are two ways to gain access to the manuscript. You will receive an e-mail with basic information about the paper, a link to accept the assignment, and a link to decline the assignment.
- Accept referee assignment: If you accept, the link will automatically log you into the system and take you directly to the files for the pertinent paper. You will be able to enter your review in the web-based system when you are ready.
- Decline referee assignment: If you are unable to review this manuscript and must decline we appreciate any suggestions of potential referees. You can suggest other reviewers or offer any observation on the paper by e-mailing email@example.com.
You can alternately access your files by logging into the system through http://trackyoursubmissions.com/index.php/63 using your user name and password. You are then taken to your "Home" page. It will list your assignments.
- Notify the submission’s editor as to whether you will undertake the review.
- Click on file names to download and review (on screen or by printing) the files associated with this submission.
- Click on icon to fill in the review form. Please fill the online review form.
- In addition, you can upload files for the editor and/or author to consult. If you accept the referee invitation, you’ll gain access to a page with links to the full manuscript and author cover letter. You’ll also have links to "check status" and "Review Manuscript."
IJASS authors are encouraged to submit Supplementary Materials to complement articles. They might include additional figures or examples, animations, data sets used in the paper, computer code used to generate figures or tables, or other materials that are necessary to fully document the research contained in the paper or to facilitate the reader’s ability to understand and extend the work. If you are refereeing a paper that does include Supplementary Materials, along with the manuscript, know that the Supplementary Materials are generally not refereed but are available to you, as a referee. As part of your review you are asked to give the materials at least a cursory look and verify that they are appropriate to accompany the article. You may suggest changes, including removing some extraneous Supplementary Materials or moving items from the main text to the Supplementary Materials. The author is also asked to submit an index of the supplementary materials. You should find a listing of each item along with a brief description and a justification for why the item should be included. This should be helpful in judging the appropriateness of the materials.
If you need additional help, email us: firstname.lastname@example.org
- To get the status of your assigned manuscript(s): Log into the system with your password, you will find the current status of article.
- All manuscripts are privileged documents; an author retains the right to the unpublished work. A referee should not use results or ideas obtained exclusively through the refereeing process in his or her own research.